SH+O: What is the quick pitch that defines your business?
- Made of Tomorrow is a New Zealand based design brand specialising on minimal and functional objects and stationery. Designed and made right here in New Zealand, with the essence of tomorrow's trends.
SH+O: Where do you find inspiration?
- Inspiration for each of our collection’s comes from everyday items usually, reimaging them with more of a minimal approach with colour and textures to match up the coming trends. Scandinavia is also somewhere we draw a lot of inspiration from.
SH+O: What was your biggest challenge when starting your business and how did you overcome it?
- Our biggest challenge was becoming 100 percent New Zealand made with price points that fitted into the market and to compete with the many homeware and stationery products being made offshore. We overcame that by building amazing relationships with our manufactures all over New Zealand, finding what works and what doesn’t in terms of materials, finishing’s and costings.
SH+O: What was your best business moment?
- By not only getting picked as a wild card for Idealog’s most creative people award but winning it in 2017! It was encouraging to be acknowledged and celebrated for the work that we have been doing.
SH+O: Where do you see the future of retail heading?
- Technology will be one of the biggest influences on the retail industry. Same day shipping, seeing a product in your home or in virtual reality apps before even purchasing. Retail is going to be busier than ever but more online than in physical stores.
Visit the Made Of Tomorrow website here.